Contribute to Indian Army Welfare Fund

Rezang La War Memorial Ladakh. Indian Soldiers, led by Maj Shaitan Singh, fought very bravely in 1962

After the Pathankot/Uri incidents in which members of the armed forces made the supreme sacrifice and the recent death of jawans in Siachen, some friends asked if there was a Army Welfare Fund to which ordinary Indian citizens could contribute. With the help of some ex Army friends got these details.

Your donations can help the Army in three ways.

1. Army Welfare Fund Battle Casualties.
2. Army Central Welfare Fund.
3. Paraplegic Rehabilitation Centre, Pune.

To make this link complete adding point 4 ie those who wish to donate in favour  the Paramilitary Forces that are under the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 

1. Army Welfare Fund Battle Casualties
Indian Army has opened an account named 'Army Welfare Fund Battle Casualties', which accepts donations for the families of battle casualties. The donations received in the fund are utilized to pay financial assistance / grant to widows of our Battle Casualties, their next of kins and dependents. Individual based donations are not accepted. However, for such cases we could facilitate financial assistance to the beneficiary directly.      

To donate for the overall cause you may forward a Demand Draft in favour *Army Welfare Fund Battle Casualties* payable at New Delhi at the following address:-        
Director Accounts Section,
Adjutant Generals Branch,
Ceremonial & Welfare Dte,
Accounts Section,
Room No 281-B, South Block,
IHQ of MoD (Army),
New Delhi – 110011     
Alternatively, the amount can also be transferred directly in the account of ‘Army Welfare Fund Battle Casualties’  as per the details of Bank Account given below:-     
Fund Name : *Army Welfare Fund Battle Casualties*
Branch Name : Syndicate Bank
Branch : South Block, Defence Head Quarters,
New Delhi – 110011
Branch Code : 9055
IFSC Code : SYNB0009055
Account No : 90552010165915     
In case of queries, the donor may contact at the following at Army HQ:-    
(a) Deputy Director General (Welfare) Ceremonial & Welfare Directorate

(b) Director Accounts Section Ceremonial & Welfare Directorate

 2. Army Central Welfare Fund

Only individuals can make donations. You can send a demand draft or make an electronic transfer – details are below. Donations to the Army Central Welfare Fund get 100% tax exemption.

"Monetary contributions to the Army may be made through Demand Draft in favour of “Army Central Welfare Fund” payable at New Delhi and forwarded to the under mentioned address.

Director, Accounts Section
Ceremonials and Welfare Directorate
Adjutant Generals Branch
Room No 281-‘B’ (Accts Sec)
Integrated HQ of MoD (Army)
South Block, New Delhi – 110011

Alternatively, the amount can also be sent    directly in the account of Army Central Welfare Fund under intimation to the    above office as per the details of Bank Account given below :-

Name of    Fund
Account    No
Type of    Account
IFSC    Code

      : Army Central Welfare Fund
      : 020500101007721
      : Saving
      : Corporation Bank
      : Chandni Chowk, Delhi - 110006
      : CORP0000205

The contribution towards Army Central Welfare    Fund is 100% exempted from income Tax vide clause (III HC) of Section 80-G of    Income Tax Act 1961."

The above information can be viewed at here. click to view

3. Paraplegic Rehabilitation Centre, Pune

"RC, Kirkee, Pune is a Rehabilitation Centre meant for the after care and brehabilitation of personnel's of Defence forces of India who are medically boarded out i.e. retired form service due to Spinal Cord Injury while serving the Nation.

The aim of Paraplegic Rehabilitation Centre is to ensure that paraplegics/ tetraplegics  have a positive outlook in life and they should  remember that “IT IS NOT THEIR  DISABILITY BUT ABILITY THAT COUNTS”.

Disabled personnel, from the Defence Forces of India following spinal cord injury which means paraplegics (with both lower limbs paralyzed and no bladder and bowel control) and tetraplegics (all four limbs paralyzed with no bladder and bowel control) suffer from one of the severest forms of physical  disability that can afflict a living individual.  After initial treatment although they become wheelchair borne, they still require life-long medical care to prevent complications of urinary tract infection leading to kidney failure, bedsores, and pneumonias.    Hence there is the need for Paraplegic Rehabilitation Centre for these unfortunate disabled comrades-in-arms.

The Paraplegic Rehabilitation Centre, Kirkee, is controlled and run by the Paraplegic Rehabilitation Centre Committee appointed by the General Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Southern Command, Pune with General Officer Commanding Pune Sub Area as a Ex-Officio Chairman and a Board of Directors.

Contributions can be made by cash / crossed Cheque in name of ‘Paraplegic Rehabilitation Centre, Kirkee ’ and sent to paraplegic Rehabilitation Centre , Park Road, Kirkee, Pune - 411 020, India.

Contributions can be made electronically in favour of 'Paraplegic Rehabilitation Centre, Kirkee. Account number 0278000100174484 at PNB Kirkee, Pune 411003. ( (IFS Code – PUNB0027800). 

All donation to it are exempted under section 80-G of Income Tax Act 1961 (tax break is 50% of sum contributed). Trust has FCRA approval to receive contribution in dollars. Donations from Corporates are also accepted. "

Contacts Tele:- 3191 (Army) / 020 2602 3191, Tele fax 02 25820505. Email :-

You can visit the Centre and see for yourself. The above information taken from the site of Rehabilitation Centre. To know more Click here

In case you have any problems in connecting please mail and I will try to facilitate the process. This is a pure honorary effort by and Sanjeev Nayyar. We do not accept any responsibility for sums voluntarily contributed by you.

Our nation is secure because of the security provided by the Armed Forces. They guard the nations frontiers at heights, 12-19k feet and under difficult conditions. During any natural calamity they selflessly help affected people. The least we can do is to praise them and importantly contribute to a Fund that helps the injured, families of martyrs etc.


This includes CISF, CRPF, SSB, ITB etc. To contribute visit this site  

Bharat Mata ki Jai

Also see
1. Kargil Memorial
2. Army at work during 2016 Chennai Floods
3. Jaswant Garh Memorial Arunachal Pradesh

Receive Site Updates